Thursday, September 24, 2009

Prayer To Find a Spiritual Father

O Lord, who desirest not the death of a sinner but that he should turn and live, Thou who didst come to earth in order to restore life to those lying dead through sin and in order to make them worthy of seeing Thee the true light as far as that is possible to man, send me a man who knows Thee, so that in serving him and subjecting myself to him with all my strength, as to Thee, and in doing Thy will in his, I may please Thee the only true God, and so that even I, a sinner, may be worthy of Thy Kingdom.

St Symeon the New Theologian

1 comment:

George Patsourakos said...

Man asks God to help him find a spiritual man, whose example he can follow, so that he can be a good Christian.

This process will help man to live a spiritual life on earth, and indeed allow him to be worthy of Heaven.

 
.......