Thursday, June 24, 2010

Remembering my father

Today is the Feast of the Nativity of St John the Forerunner (for those following the New Calendar). It also marks the anniversary of the birth of my father (a coincidence that ensured his was always the family birthday I never forgot).

In a way, this particular anniversary begins a series of commemorations that undoubtedly will prove difficult for my family and me. As some of you know, my father fell asleep in the Lord last summer, and of course I will be remembering him appropriately on the anniversary of his repose. That said, I find myself thinking of him today and so offer this small post in his honor.

He did the best he could with the lot he was given, and he stood by me when my beloved wife reposed. Thanks be to God, he reposed in the Faith with full Last Rites.

May his memory be eternal.

No comments:

 
.......