Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Prayer

Most merciful Lord Jesus Christ my God: I thank Thee for deeming me, the sinner, worthy to receive forgiveness from Thee through the Mystery of Confession to my spiritual father. So then, imitating David who said, "I have sworn and resolved that I will keep the judgments of Thy righteousness" (Ps 118.106), I promise Thee, with the resolute will of my soul, that I would rather die a thousand deaths than ever commit a single mortal sin again and grieve Thine infinite Goodness. But because mine own will is weak on its own without Thy help, I fervently ask Thee to strengthen me with Thy Grace, and establish me with Thy mighty help, so that I may remain steadfast in my holy resolution until the end. Yea, my most-loving Jesus, enable me to pass the rest of my life in repentance, in order to receive Thy Grace here blow and Thy blessed Glory in Heaven above. Through the intercessions of Thy supremely blessed Mother and all Thy Saints. Amen.

Counsel for the Penitent, Exomologetarion, St Nikodemos the Hagiorite

No comments:

 
.......