Sunday, March 04, 2007

From the Triodion

As we start upon the third week of the Fast, O faithful, let us glorify the Holy Trinity and joyfully pass through the time that still remains. Causing passions of the flesh to wither from our souls, let us gather divine flowers, weaving garlands for the Queen of days, that with crowns upon our heads, we may sing in praise of Christ the Victor!

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Monday, Third Week of Lent

I have thrown off from my unruly mind the bridle of the Father; I have lived with beastly thoughts of sin. In my misery I have wasted all my life like the Prodigal Son. Forsaking the food that gives strength to man's heart, I have fed upon the pleasure that gives strength to man's heart, I have fed upon the pleasure that gives passing satisfaction. Yet, good Father, shut not against me the door of Your compassionate Love; but, opening it wide, receive me as the Prodigal Son and save me!

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Monday, Third Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......