Wednesday, March 07, 2007

From the Triodion

Though honored as Your son, O Loving Father, in my foolishness, I did not understand. I have deprived myself of Your glory, sinfully wasting the wealth of Your Grace. I have forsaken the divine Food, eating in servile bondage at the table of an unclean citizen. he has sent me into his soul-corrupting field; and living like the prodigal, I have fed with the swine. I was enslaved to pleasures and could not eat my fill. But now I have turned back, and I shall cry to You, compassionate and merciful Father: I have sinned against Heaven and before You: have mercy on me!

From the Aposticha, Orthros, Wednesday, Third Week of Lent

r. Offer to God the sacrifice of praise, and fulfill your vows to the Most High

v. The God of gods, the Lord has spoken,
and has summoned the earth
from the rising of the sun to its setting.

First Prokimeon of the Prophecy, Wednesday, Third Week of Lent

Like the Prodigal Son, I have wandered into a distant evil land. I have wasted the wealth which You gave me, O Compassionate Father, in an evil life. I hunger now for the good that I have lost. I am clothed in the shame of my transgressions, for I have been stripped of the grace of God. I cry aloud to You: I have sinned, yet I know of Your loving kindness. O Christ, in Your mercy accept me as one of Your hired servants, through the prayers of Your beloved Apostles.

From O Lord, to You I call, Thursday, Vespers, Third Week of Lent

Like the Prodigal, I squandered the riches which the Father gave me. Now I am destitute and dwell in the land of the wicked. In my folly, I have bvecome like the senseless beasts, stripped of all the grace of God. but turning back, I cry aloud to you, the compassionate and merciful Father: I have sinned, O God! receive me as a penitent and have mercy on me.

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Thursday, Third Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......