Thursday, March 22, 2007

From the Triodion

Nailed to the Cross, O Lord, You destroyed the curse of Adam with the divine spear. Destroy my bonds, O Word, that I may offer You a sacrifice of joy and praise in faith during this acceptable time of the Fast which You have appointed for the salvation of all.

Once in the ecstasy of fasting, the face of Moses shone as he beheld the glory of God. O my humble soul, follow his example. By works of abstinence and prayer, serve Him who stretched out His hands upon the Cross, that He may grant you a share in His divine joy.

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Friday, Fifth Week of Lent

By my own free will, through my first transgression, I have forsaekn the beauty of the virtues; but through Your loving condescension, O Word of God, I am clothed with that beauty once again. Though I was defiled by grievous passions and thieves had left me wounded on the road, yet You have not despised me; but You kept me safe by Your almight power, granting me Your aid, O merciful Lord!

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Friday, Fifth Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......