Monday, March 26, 2007

From the Triodion

Unfortunate as I am, I have weakened my soul by my many transgressions and the pleasures of life, spending all my time in the bed of laziness. But now I cry out to You: O master, come and take me home! Grant me health and grace, O compassionate One! Do not condemn me, O my Savior, lest I sleep the sleep of death and the Enemy rejoice over my downfall, for he seeks to plunge me into the terrible depths of Hell!

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Tuesday, Sixth Week of Lent

Free us from soul-destroying greed, O Savior, and grant us a place in the bosom of Abraham together with poor Lazarus. You who are rich in mercies have become poor for our sake. You lead us from corruption to incorruption for You are a compassionate God, the Lover of Mankind.

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Tuesday, Sixth Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......