Tuesday, March 27, 2007

From the Triodion

Sick from the assaults of many passions, my heart is on the way to the horrible grave of laziness to be covered with the stone of insensibility. O Savior, who by the wood of Your life-giving Cross have given life to all the dead, awaken me and give me life so that I may glorify Your divinity with awe.

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Wednesday, Sixth Week of Lent

Clothed in the God-woven purple of freedom, the fine linen of incorruption, O my soul, you have mocked your own dignity. You have sought pleasure andwealth in sin, looking down on your brethren, as the rich man on poor Lazarus. May you not be punished with the rich man. Be poor in spirit and cry out to the Lord, humbled for your sake: O You, who wore the purple of mockery before the Cross and were crucified for my sake; deliver me from eternal shame, vesting me in the robe of Your Kingdom, O Christ!

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Wednesday, Sixth Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......