Thursday, March 08, 2007

From the Triodion

O Savior, You are the true sweetness who of old sweetened the bitter waters of Marah by the wood which was a type of Your divine Cross. You were pleased to taste gall when lifted up on the Cross. Your side was pierced, and from it the water of forgiveness flowed upon the world, renewing our dead nature. Therefore, we glorify Your inexpressible power and say: In the season of the Fast, fill our hearts with reverence for You; pardon our offences and grant us Your great mercy!

From O Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Friday, Third Week of Lent

O Christ our God, the Life of all, You were hung upon the Cross: restore life to my soul, slain by my sins. Do not allow your sheep to perish completely, O Good shepherd. I have rebelled against Your commandments, and through my willful love of sin, I have wasted the wealth of innocence that You gave me. Living like the Prodigal, I have grown corrupt and loathsome. But bring me to repentance and renew me, for You alone are full of mercy.

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Friday, Third Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......