Monday, March 05, 2007

From the Triodion

With the fire of abstinence, let us all burn up the thorns of the passions that assault us, and with the streams of our tears, let us put out the flame that never shall be quenched. Let us cry aloud to Him who shall come to judge the whole earth: O Lord and all-merciful Savior, save us from all condemnation and grant us the forgiveness of our sins!

From the first Kathisma, Orthros, Monday, Third Week of Lent

Clothed in the filthy garment of my sins, I have lost my bridal garment and have been cast out from the bridal chamber of joy; but show me Your ineffable compassion, O God: receive me like the Prodigal Son, and be merciful to me.

From the Aposticha, Orthros, Monday, Third Week of Lent

With the help of the Spirit, let us yearn for the Fast of the spirit, which weakens the most violent passions and strengthens us to bring forth good deeds. It lifts up our hearts to Heaven and brings about the forgiveness of sins. May God grant it to us all, in His great mercy.

From Lord, to You I Call, Vespers, Tuesday, Third Week of Lent

O loving Father, my folly has stripped me bare of all Your gifts. I have gone far from You and have enslaved myself to a strange citizen. I led unclean beasts to pasture; and eating from their food, I was not filled. Knowing Your tender mercy, I run now to You: in Your love for mankind, cover my nakedness and save me!

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Tuesday, Third Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......