Wednesday, March 21, 2007

From the Triodion

Desiring only the interests of my flesh, I have become the murderer of my soul. I have been made a plaything of devils and a slave of sinful pleasures. In Your compassion, spare me, for You put the demons to flight. Before I am completely lost, save me, O Lord!

I have sinned, O Christ my God; I have sinned, rejecting Your commandments. Be merciful to me, O Benefactor; that, escaping from the darkness, I may see with my inner eyes, and cry to You in awe: Before I am completely lost, save me, O Lord!

I am utterly enslaved to the passions, I have forsaken the Law and the Holy Scriptures. Heal me in every part, O loving Benefactor, who for my sake have become as I am. Turn me back, O merciful Destroyer of the passions. Before I am completely lost, save me, O Lord!

Out of eny, the author of evil drove the first-created man from Paradise. But the thief who cried out upon the Cross, "Remember me," regained Paradise once more. With faith and reverence, I also cry to You: Remember me! Befoer I am completely lost, save me, O Lord!

From O Lord, to You I call, Vespers, Thursday, Fifth Week of Lent

I fell among thieves by my reasoning. I was robbed bymy wretched mind, greatly stricken and wounded in soul. I lie, naked of grace, on the highway of life. The priest saw my hopeless wounds andpassed me by. The Levite knew my disease and turned away. You, O Christ my God, in Your love for mankind, have stooped down to me. you came, not from samaria, but from incarnation through Mary. Grant me healing by pouring out on me the oil of Your great mercy.

From the Aposticha, Vespers, Thursday, Fifth Week of Lent

No comments:

 
.......