Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Thoughts on the Mid-way

As noted yesterday, Today was the mid-way point of the Great Fast. I pray that all who have endeavored to strive towards holiness during this spritual season have found faith renewed, hope revied, and love transformed. Our salvation is only obtained through fellowship and community; we are called to live out our redemption in the Church (Ekklesia) -- the place of togetherness.

I would like to thank everyone who has honored me by reading this blog. Especially, since the beginning of the Great Fast, I have been awed that people from around the world have blessed me by reading these pages.

When I began this blog, I didn't think much would come of it. When Great Lent began and I started including the Aliturgical Day readings and the selections from the Triodion, I thought that at most perhaps a few people would find it interesting.

Thanks be to God, I have been astounded and thankful for the numbers of people who have made this blog a daily part of their Lenten discipline. It has strengthened my faith and encouraged me to look more deeply at the wealth of wisdom in the Tridion and in the Byzantine Tradition itself.

To every reader of these Byzantine Ramblings, I offer my prayers, my solidarity, my love and my thanks.

Thanks be to God!
 
.......